It’s time for a celebration at Cambridge Sensotec HQ as it’s our 20th anniversary! This month’s issue looks back at some of the biggest (sort of) moments of the past 20 years.
Things that happened from the year 2000-2010
• It was a golden age for retro mobile phones (and everyone was playing Snake).
• Sony releases the PlayStation 2 Gaming Console in Japan.
• Apple introduced its first-ever iPod.
• The world was introduced to Shrek and Donkey for the first time.
• Zinedine Zidane is sent off in the 2006 World Cup final after headbutting Marco Materazzi.
• Facebook founded by Harvard university student Mark Zuckerberg.
• YouTube was launched by three former PayPal employees.
• The verb “to google” enters the Oxford English Dictionary in 2006.
• Roger Federer won his 15th grand slam, making him the most successful player in history.
• Prince William and Kate Middleton get engaged.
Steve Jobs with the first iteration of the iPod. A landmark moment in recent history, as the future of streaming music, mobile phones and society, in general, was about to change from this moment on.
Things that happened from the year 2011-2020
• Everyone was doing the Ice Bucket Challenge.
• Same-sex marriages became legal in the U.S.
• Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar.
• The world went crazy over Pokémon Go.
• Giant pandas were taken off the endangered species list.
• Lance Armstrong was stripped of his 7 Tour De France titles for cheating.
• We got the first-ever photo of a black hole.
• Two women make historic NASA spacewalk.
• The #MeToo movement began.
• The coronavirus pandemic touched nearly every corner of the earth.
Time flies, eh? The world has seen plenty of ups and downs over recent years, especially in the current climate, but we are proud as a company to have succeeded through all of it. Ultimately, we could not have done it without your support and custom, so all of us here want to say a big thank you to our readers. Here’s to the next 20!